The particulars of St. Andrews Bay’s place and history
Saint Andrews Bay, more commonly abbreviated as St. Andrews Bay, indents the northern coastline of South Georgia just south of Mount Skittle. The name was established at least as far back as 1920, though St. Andrews Bay was probably first sighted by the British expedition under Captain James Cook in 1775.
St. Andrews Bay penguins, seals, and lofty surroundings
St. Andrews Bay is best known for its huge breeding colony of king penguins, numbering about 150,000, the largest in South Georgia. But the beaches of St. Andrews Bay is also a great place to admire fur seals, southern elephant seals, and mountainous snow-capped surroundings.