Oceanwide Expeditions is a pioneer of polar expeditions, inventors of Basecamp Antarctica, and the first company to take travellers to the remote Arctic island of Spitsbergen. With our own fleet of advanced ice-strengthened vessels, we get passengers deep into the heart of Earth’s most otherworldly environments.
It is our goal to take passengers off the ship and into the action as often as possible. Our sea routes are short and direct, allowing for maximum shore time, and our activities are designed to accommodate a wide range of experience and fitness levels. We strive for close-contact, twice-daily outings on land and at sea (and sometimes below it) in surreal locations like Svalbard, Greenland, Northern Norway, Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falklands.
Does this sound like an adventure you’d like to be a part of?
Do you want to lead a team of passionate and professional expedition guides, provide international polar travellers once-in-a-lifetime voyages, and work in places few people are ever lucky enough to see?
Then Oceanwide Expeditions is interested in considering you for our new opening as expedition leader, a critical role whose duties are listed below.
- Manage a team of expedition guides effectively and professionally, ensuring smooth cooperation with the captain, crew, and hotel department.
- Organize and execute passenger activities safely and effectively.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
- Make sure the product delivered lives up to the product OEX promises.
- Ensure compliance with all AECO/ IAATO and local regulations.
- Promote safe working practices and procedures among passengers and guides.
- Overall, control the effective and safe management/delivery of the travel product OEX sells to its passengers.
- At least two seasons of experience as an expedition leader on expedition cruise ships (two seasons in the Arctic and two seasons in Antarctica) or the equivalent of four seasons as an assistant expedition leader and/or guide/lecturer.
- In-depth knowledge of the area around Svalbard, NE Greenland, the Falkland Islands, South Georgia, and the Antarctic Peninsula.
- University degree in relevant subjects to the Arctic and Antarctica.
- At least three years of small boat driving experience.
- Rifle handling and polar bear protection experience.
- Fluency in the English language.
- First aid training and experience.
- An exciting career in one of the world’s pioneering polar tourism companies.
- A dynamic work environment among an experienced international team.
- Challenge, variety, and adventure in some of Earth’s most beautiful locations.
If you can see yourself leading our expedition programs and your qualifications meet the high standards to which OEX is committed, please send a detailed application letter and CV to our staffing department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted in English only.