20 Reasons Why We Love a Spitsbergen Cruise (and Why You Will Too)
Welcome to Spitsbergen! It’s one of the destinations we always love to visit, and we think you’ll love it too. Why? Well…
1. It has beautiful blue waters.
2. Where icebergs sail by.
3. Massive glaciated walls climb up onto the land.
4. Sometimes your ship will be towered over by ruggedly beautiful cliff walls.
5. And other times you’ll be greeted with gentle and inviting shores.
6. You’ll be able to trek inland to snap pictures of fantastic vistas.
7. And if you ask really nicely maybe the local wildlife will pose for you.
8. Speaking of wildlife, how many times do you get to visit walruses in their natural habitat?
9. Or how about reindeer?
10. There are Arctic foxes.
11. Polar Bears. (Don’t worry, we keep you safe.)
14. Do you like birds? Because Spitsbergen has more than its fair share.
15. You even get the chance to leave the area a little better than the way you found it. One of the cruises we’re proud of allows you the chance to volunteer to clean up the detritus that washes up on the shores.
16. Your Spitsbergen cruise won’t be all work though. You’ll still have plenty of time to cruise the shorelines.
17. Snap some great pictures.
18. Make new friends.
19. Or attempt to give yourself a heart attack (that water is cold!).