Looking for career opportunities?
We welcome your interest in Oceanwide Expeditions. If you are interested in joining our expedition team, please send your application to our staffing departments stated in the available jobs.
Nautical, technical & hotel crew
If you would like to be considered for nautical, technical or hotel crew, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details on the vacancies click here.
Expedition staff (guides, expedition leaders)
Oceanwide Expeditions requires the following credentials and experience of all applicants to its expedition staff:
- A university degree in subjects relevant to the Arctic and Antarctica, or special field knowledge and experience in the areas where we operate
- Experience with small boat driving, preferably Zodiacs with outboard engines
- Experience with the safe handling of rifles (in the Arctic only)
If you would like to be considered for our expedition staff, please click on the button below and complete our application form.
Ship physicians (doctors)
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide medical services to guests, staff, and crew as required. This may include treating seasickness and minor injuries, such as strains, sprains, cuts, and fractures (Emergencies like acute coronary syndrome or appendicitis may also occur in our remote regions of travel)
- Attend to administrative duties, such as filling out medical reports and checking on patient medical histories, if necessary
- Maintain and update onboard medical inventory as required
- Be available for guests on the vessel and on shore
- Assist with other duties aboard the ship and on shore as needed by the expedition leader
Qualifications and requirements
- Internationally recognized university degree
- At least five years of recent experience as an emergency doctor
- English fluency, both spoken and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage
- Experience with diving medicine preferred
- Contracted doctors are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from the vessel
- No financial renumeration is given, but accommodation in a private cabin is provided as well as tea, coffee, and all meals
- Please be willing to partake in Zodiac and shore-based activities, which will provide you ample opportunity to enjoy the polar regions with us
If you would like to be considered for ship physician (doctor), please click on the button below and complete our application form.
TRAINING ACCREDITED BY THE ROYAL YACHTING ASSOCIATION & QUALSAFE AWARDS
Oceanwide Expeditions is an accredited training center recognized by the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) and Qualsafe Awards. As an RYA training center, we offer a number of shore-based courses, while our recognition by Qualsafe enables us to provide separate courses in first aid and safety training. These courses are regulated by the United Kingdom’s Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation, meeting the highest standards of practice. Our Training and Competency Manual forms part of our safety management protocol and provides details on professional development within our team.