Latest update: 20 February 2020
The health, security, and safety of our guests and crew is our highest priority.
We at Oceanwide Expeditions are following the developments of the coronavirus on a continuous basis, and we have established a protocol for our passengers based on the advice of the WHO, CDC, and RIVM (The Netherlands equivalent of CDC).
Passengers are asked to complete a health declaration, after which we will provide health advice based on the information we receive. We also have extra onboard monitoring in place as well as a screening procedure prior to boarding.
Should the WHO/CDC update their advice, we will of course update our protocols.
Coronavirus and embarkation for anyone traveling on an Oceanwide vessel with a departure date in February and March 2020
Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, we have decided to suspend from embarkation any individuals who have traveled from or through mainland China and/or Macau and/or Hong Kong within 14 days prior to our cruise departure dates. This decision is in accordance with the guidelines of international cruise line organizations (including CLIA) and/or immigration boarder control procedure (such as in the US and New Zealand).
International passengers using China and/or Macau and/or Hong Kong as a connecting airport (or transited via those airports) to the ports of embarkation of Oceanwide’s voyages only, must rebook their flights avoiding those airports. Failure to compliance is no ground for any cruise credit or reimbursement.
This action applies currently to the following Antarctica voyages:
- HDS31-20, departure 24 February 2020
- PLA31-20, departure 27 February 2020
- PLA32-20, departure 09 March 2020
- HDS32-20, departure 17 March 2020
- OTL29-20, departure 18 March 2020
- PLA33-20, departure 20 March 2020
- PLA34-20, departure 20 March 2020
- PLA35-20, departure 29 March 2020
- PLA36-20, departure 22 April 2020
It also applies currently to the following Arctic voyages on s/v Noorderlicht and s/v Rembrandt van Rijn:
- NOO08-20, departure 22 February 2020
- NOO09-20, departure 29 February 2020
- NOO10-20, departure 07 March 2020
- NOO11-20, departure 14 March 2020
- RVR08-20, departure 22 February 2020
- RVR09-20, departure 29 February 2020
- RVR10-20, departure 07 March 2020
- RVR11-20, departure 14 March 2020
- RVR12-20, departure 21 March 2020
- RVR13-20, departure 28 March 2020
To repeat, if any passenger has traveled from or through mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong within 14 days prior to their departure on an Oceanwide vessel (those voyages mentioned above), their boarding will be suspended. Passengers can use their net paid cruise fare as a credit toward another Antarctica voyage in the 2020-21 season or a Noorderlicht / Rembrandt van Rijn voyage in the Arctic 2020-21 season.
Credits will not apply for those passengers who have not rebooked their flights – using China, Macau and Hong Kong as a connecting airport (transit) only – to the port of embarkation of Oceanwide’s voyage.